Mastering surfacing in Rhino – Alejandro Zapata
This book is written for anyone who wants to improve their surfacing skills and achieve curvature continuity surfaces without plug-ins and expensive CAD software. It´s a detailed step by step exercise to model a car, including a detailed illustrated explanations and why we use commands in certain cases starting from a blueprint.
Unlike other modeling techniques popular among DCC softwares (Digital Content Creation) like poly-modeling in which you have lots of flexibility, in traditional NURBS modeling (Non-Uniform Rational Basis Spline) there is no much room for mistakes and you have to think forward how you going to model the surfaces to avoid corrections some times requiring to re-do parts or the whole model, in this exercise you will learn to think in advance to minimize this kind of mistakes.
The key features are:
- The input is a simple blueprint and reference photos.
- Step by step explanation of the entire modeling process.
- +1200 pages full of illustrated workflow.
- More than 110 tools to learn.
- Explanation of key tools including surface analysis.
- Icons of all tools used in this book arranged in order of application.
- Master surface modeling.
- Final model like shown below.